Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Essentials

As summer is coming to a close I have been using products that have certainly gotten me through the unbearable hot days and I wanted to share them with you all. These makeup/skincare products have been the things that I have been reaching for and in my opinion work great with the hot weather.


  •  The first thing that I been using on my face is my beloved The Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer. I have several tinted moisturizers in my makeup stash, but this tinted moisturizer has been the one to demonstrate more resistant against the annoying sweating that we all experience during these hot summer months. I love the fact that it is very lightweight, so if you try this product out do not expect a great amount of coverage. You have to keep in mind that this is a tinted moisturizer and is nowhere near the coverage of a foundation. Although the coverage is very light I do believe that this product evens out my complexion which is all I really want a face product to do during the summer. I personally do not have great skin, acne scars and the very frequent spot, so if I ever feel like I need a bit more coverage I just go back in with a concealer and that takes care of my stubborn imperfections. The retail price for this product on The Balm website is $25, but I was lucky enough to snatch up this little puppy on hautelook.com for about $9 so keep your eyes peeled if this ever goes on sale. I definitely have loved this product for summer and I definitely recommend it to you all


  • The second product that I have been reaching for everyday is my Clean and Clear Advantage acne control moisturizer. This moisturizer is one that I have been using since I was in high school and I continue to love it. I usually have really oily skin which is a big no no for me during the summer. Heat and Oil are not a good combination trust me. This moisturizer reduces the oiliness of my skin without being overly drying and I really do believe that this product helps control my acne when it is at its worst which is a big plus for me. Overall this is my go to moisturizer for summer when my skin is oily, acne prone, and all other types of craziness.



  • The third product that is a definite summer must on my list is my Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle. The color of this lip butter is a warm neutral rosy pink and it is absolutely gorgeous. This lip product is a definite must for me because of how lightweight the formula is. I do not always enjoy wearing a heavy lipstick during the summer because it just feels like it’s going to melt of and end up on my chin. That is definitely not a good look for anyone! This little baby gives me a beautiful wash of color on my lips and can be quite buildable if you ever decide to really go for a pop of color. Love love love.


  • The last and final product that I have fallen in love with all over again is my Deslick Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay. This setting spray is definitely one of my favorite products of all time because I definitely feel that it prolongs my makeup and who doesn’t love that, right? Although the Deslick setting spray claims to reduce oiliness, I do not believe that it actually does this. Shame on you urban decay for feeding me false hopes but it’s okay I can forgive them because of how great this stuff is. To be honest I have tried many makeup sprays and I do not think that such sprays are able to reduce said oiliness. I think companies just like to exaggerate what their products can do because of all the stiff competition they have which in turn leads to broken dreams. With all jokes aside I absolutely adore this product because it does what a make-up spray should do; it increases the longevity of your makeup. Through the hot days we all need something like this to keep our makeup on our face. Sweet and simple.




Stay kawaii, xoxo Lucy 


No comments:

Post a Comment